Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Holy Crap! :O

Unbeknownst (is that even a word?? lol) to most of you, I used to watch a youtube channel called Shayloss, which revolved around a pretty well known fella named ShayCarl, and many times I would watch that show and many a time I would wind up being disappointed because he'd quit so often *he was a rather rotund but happy/hyper fella* and I remember how ticked off I would get at him for giving up so easily...which was damn hypocritical of me to do since I can't even count how many times I have given up on my weight loss regime.

Well I haven't watched his show in ages...about a year, cause I got fed up with his excuses to his fans as to why he didn't stick to his yearning to lose weight...and what do I find when I finally decided to check on his progress today??

HE LOST 100 pounds!!! :O you know how monumental that is??? I lost 100 pounds ages ago but due to being preggers I wound up gaining it back. Granted I'm 180 now so I have lost 40 pounds but half of that was after I gave birth to my baby.

So....after watching this very uplifting video---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?I v=QPq1OYDlwI4&feature=player_profilepage *I'll have to double check the link* and listening to his positivity, I am yet again determined to shed my extra chub. I'd like to lose at least another 20-30 pounds so I can fit into the bridesmaid dress, but ULTIMATELY I'd like to lose 40-50 pounds.

And you'd think that my happiness towards weight loss would be shared by the ones I hold dear to me..but I have found that many a friend would go on a tangent about how I shouldn't feel like I NEED to lose weight, that I'm great as is, etc etc. Truth be told, I don't look half bad right now, but I'm not losing weight in order to be appreciated by other people...when I was 160 before I got pregnant, I remember how awesome I felt...I could move fluidly.....my back and knees didn't hurt as much, I could run without gasping for air...I just felt all around better, and THAT'S what I want, to feel good in my own skin...I could give two shits as to what others think I should weigh, I want to feel healthy and content in my own body..and I know that I can do this.

So tonight once the kids are asleep *or someone watches the baby for half an hour at least* I'm going to go right back into exercising every day like I was BEFORE the Christmas holidays came along and all those cakes and cookies pushed my progress back.

NOW IS THE TIME! I'm going to make people do a double take when they see me next ;)

Thank you so much ShayCarl for not giving up on yourself...and I vow that I will follow in your footsteps and become the person I was meant to be <3

No comments:

Post a Comment